You are most welcome to this website in the name of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. This is the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Overcomers parish/Overcomers zone, situated on the soil of Abonnema Island, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Abonnema is the headquarters of Akuku-Toru Local Government area, of Rivers State.
BRIEF HISTORY OF OVERCOMER’S PARISH/ZONE
RCCG overcomer’s parish was planted in the year 1983 by the general oversea of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pst E.A Adeboye.
Overcomer’s parish was the second RCCG church in the then Eastern region, after Shekinah glory, the Rivers province 1 head quarter church.
The following pastors have served in this Parish/Area/Zone
- Pastor Michael Olayinka Soyinka (1983 – 1994).
- Late Pastor John as pastor in-charge of parish while Pastor Charles Bob-Manuel was the pastor in-charge of area (1993 – 1996).
- Pastor Chris Akinyemi as pastor in-charge of parish while late pastor Tongo Oduware was the pastor in-charge of area (1996 – 1999).
- Pastor Emmanuel Usoni was transferred to take over from pastor Akinyemi from 1999 – 2001
- Pastor Peter Oni became the pastor in-charge of parish/area from 2001 – 2003.
- Pastor Samson became the pastor in-charge of parish/area from 2004 – 2005.
- Pastor Sunny Omitogun became the pastor in-charge of zone (2005 – 2008). He started the building of the zonal headquarters.
- Pastor Isaac Remi Akanji took over from pastor Omitogun from (2008 – 2015). He completed the Overcomer’s zonal headquarters building and it was commissioned by Pastor Belemina Obunge (pastor in-charge of Region 5) on the 27th April, 2011.
- Pastor Julius Arogunyo took over from pastor Akanji as pastor in-charge of zone (2015 – 2017).
- Pastor Samson Oladapo Adeosun took over from Pastor Julius Arogunyo as pastor in-charge of zone (September 2017 – till date).